If you’re following me on social media, you know I’m OBSESSED with my newest skin toy (uhhhh…that may not sound right)! I recently brought in the SkinPen® to our spa on 30a and it’s the only FDA approved microneedling device on the market. And I want to tell you why I love it so much…..
- First and foremost, it’s a long term treatment. Different from a topical peel where the action takes place from the surface down into the epidermis. (Everytime I say epidermis, I remember taunting my friends and sisters with the ole’ “your epidermis is showing” while pointing and laughing. Because we quickly discovered that most kids didn’t know what the epidermis was so they were immediately mortified. Gawd, I was a horrible child! ok, back to skin…..the SkinPen® works in the dermal layer to make changes for future skin. How does it do that you may ask? It creates microinjuries to the skin. Then the skin goes through a 3 stage healing process. Here’s what that looks like:
- Phase 1: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow, and create new tissue.
- Phase 2: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells. Plus a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase 3: Remodeling. New dermal tissues and blood vessels replace the wound.
2. Stimulates collagen and elastin in the dermis. Who are what are these dudes?
- Collagen- most abundant protein in the human body. It’s found in our bones, muscles, tendons and skin. It holds the body together. And in facial terms, we want a lot of it so our skin is strong and firm. I’m imagining my skin flexing her muscles right now 😂💪🏼!
- Elastin- Another protein that helps keep the skin firm and returning to it’s natural state after stretching and contracting with our facial movements.
These two proteins are partners in skin crime! We want more of these. So when we stimulate the dermis, we increase the production of these= good skin!
3. Breaks up scar tissue and fine lines. So for all you acne scar folks and those of you with fine lines (yes, that’s you if you’re over the age of 30! ), the results are amazing! The texture of the skin is more smoothe and even. If you don’t yearn for that, you’re a weirdo! hahaha
We’re going to chat later about how we can amplify these results using platelet rich plasma (as in your own blood platelets. Hint: it rhymes with shampire facial, but we can’t use the V word because it’s trademarked!). I feel like I’ve overwhelmed you with info so far. Let’s let this soak in and we’ll continue this chat later! Plus, I’m sick of looking at my unmanicured hands while I type this!
We look forward to working with you and making your skin even more amazing. Call the spa at 850.641.0200 or book online through our site.